I’ve been helping Italian brands promote their products and services from the ‘Made in Italy’ sector for over 10 years, expressing their qualities in words tailored to their target audiences.
If you choose to work with me, you’ll get a no-middlemen approach and a partnership-based relationship in return. This way you can be sure that the success of your projects is as important to me as it is to you. No matter the industry you’re involved with – be it fashion, foods, or automotive, your content deserves to get the message across. Also in Polish!
TRANSLATION AND TRANSCREATION
The language pairs I work with are: Italian -> Polish, English -> Polish, and Polish -> Italian.
Without an impeccable execution, even the best of projects will remain only an idea put on paper. The same goes for your marketing campaigns. If you want to be sure that your ideas and brand values aren’t lost in translation somewhere between the lines and are understood abroad as they should be, let an expert handle the linguistic of things!
My fields of expertise include fashion, luxury products, Italian foodstuffs.
Examples of translated content: newsletters, product descriptions published online, social media advertising campaigns, brochures, blog posts – including for SEO purposes.
Apart from being proficient in specialist terminology and industry-specific jargon as well as highly competent in the use of CAT tools, I’m no stranger to technical standards and EU directives. I’m a perfectionist at heart. I’m familiar with the fundamentals of technical writing and I don’t panic when I hear ‘InDesign’.
My fields of expertise include the food and packaging industry, textiles, OH&S, and IT.
Examples of translated content: user’s manuals, installation and maintenance guides, safety data sheets, maintenance plans, test reports, bid documents.
Services: translation, transcreation
Native language: Polish
Language pairs: IT-PL, PL-IT, EN-PL
Experience: 10 years
CAT: Trados Studio 2021, MemoQ 2014
Availability: Mon–Fri 9:00–17:30
Capacity: up to 2,500 words/day
Payment: bank transfer, PayPal
PI insurance: yes
thorough education and continuous professional improvement
2005 – 2010
– master’s degree, Italian studies, University of Warsaw
– a course in Italian at Arco di Druso in Rome, covered by a scholarship awarded by the Italian Institute of Culture in Kraków
– a course in Italian at the University for Foreigners of Siena, covered by an Italian state scholarship – see the certificate
2010 – 2011
– postgraduate studies for specialized translators at the Jagiellonian University
2011 – 2014
– a series of linguistic seminars and research projects within the framework of doctoral studies, Tor Vergata University of Rome
– a series of workshops on translation/interpretation, organized by the Casa delle Traduzioni and the Sapienza University of Rome
– a webinar entitled “Il linguaggio giuridico italiano” (”Legal Italian”), Angioletta Garbarino, ProZ.com – see the certificate
– a seminar entitled “L’universo dei diritti e degli atti[…]” (“Certified translation”), Alessandra Tarozzo, AITI, Bari – see the certificate
– a series of lectures and workshops within the framework of the 28th Recapitulatory Meeting for Sworn and Specialized Translators, TEPIS, Warsaw – see the certificate
– a series of lectures within the framework of Translation Conference, Warsaw – see the certificate
– an online course entitled “Elementy budowy maszyn” (“Elements of Machine Engineering”, Rajmund Różycki, STI Szkolenia – see the certificate
– a webinar entitled “Novità contributive e fiscali per traduttori” (“Changes in tax regulations for translators”), Giuseppe Bonavia, STL Formazione – see the certificate
– a series of lectures on the translation/interpretation industry within the framework of Translation Conference – see the certificate
– a webinar entitled “Lusso e traduzione: tra marketing, valorizzazione del brand e transcreation” (“Translation and transcreation in the luxury industry”), Manuela Cumbo, Proz.com – see the certificate
– a webinar entitled ”What’s Your Angle? Transcreation as a Specialisation”, Sara Colombo, Proz.com – see the certificate
– a webinar entitled ”Tłumaczenia z dziedziny budowy maszyn i powiązanych zagadnień BHP” (”Translation in the field of machine engineering and related OH&S aspects”), Anna Fitak, Proz.com
– a webinar entitled ”Effective Technical Writing for Translators”, Karen Tkaczyk, Proz.com – see the certificate
– a webinar entitled ”Wprowadzenie do tłumaczeń technicznych” (”Introduction to technical translation”), Anna Fitak, Proz.com
– a webinar entitled ”Traduzione tecnico scientifica: tecniche e tips” (”Technical and scientific translation”), Claudia Cherici, Proz.com – see the certificate
– an online course entitled ”La traduzione tecnica” (”Technical translation”), Dina Ostuni, STL Formazione – see the certificate
– an online course entitled ”La transcreation di testi di marketing e pubblicitari” (“Transcreation for marketing and advertising”), Martine Moretti, STL Formazione – see the certificate
Not ready to take my word for it? Find out what my clients say about working with me!
A fast, reliable, professional freelancer whom we trust completely for our translations into Polish.
Małgorzata is a highly skilled and reliable translator, always focused on details. We regularly work with her on technical projects and she always delivers high quality work on time. She is a strong asset to our team of collaborators, a real pro and a pleasure to deal with!
Studio Babele, Marano Vicentino
On our behalf, Malgorzata performed successfully a short Italian-Polish translation for the food and beverage industry.
B. Services, Genoa
We’ve been working with Małgorzata Potrzyszcz since early 2010, and we can say with full confidence that she’s a splendid translator.
Her translations done for our clients include both ordinary and specialized texts covering different subject matters, mostly law, commerce, and machine engineering and operation. Throughout the duration of our partnership, Ms. Potrzyszcz has so far translated about 200 standard pages (360 thousand characters) from Italian to Polish and from Polish to English, always keeping the set deadlines.
Ms. Potrzyszcz delivers translations of an excellent quality in terms of accuracy, clarity, style, and language alike. It’s an absolute pleasure to work with her.
years of experience
published translations of novels
The ball is in your court now! Every successful partnership starts with a conversation.
You’re welcome to reach out to me directly at email@example.com and provide me with the ins and outs of your project. I’ll be glad to answer any questions you may have and give you a free quote. You can also call me at +39 3389812452 or drop me a message via the channel of your choice.
Let’s talk about your project!